Technical / Social Tours

The institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK) marks its 50th Anniversary this year. As part of the celebrations, we have organized the 4th ISK regional conference that is scheduled for 13th to 15th November 2019 at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Nairobi. As part of the conference, we will be having a technical tour to Olkaria on 15th November 2019. Transport and snacks will be catered for upon paying the entrance fee and registering.

Kindly click on the link below to register for purposes of logistics and planning.

olkaria Registration form

ABOUT OLKARIA

The facility is located in the¬†Hell’s Gate National Park¬†along with its sister stations, Olkaria II and Olkaria III. This location lies in¬†Olkaria, in¬†Nakuru County, on the eastern edge of the¬†Eastern Rift Valley.

Olkaria I Geothermal Power Station is one in a series of six geothermal power stations, clustered in the Olkaria area in Nakuru County. Four of the stations Olkaria I, Olkaria II, Olkaria III and Olkaria IV are operational. Olkaria V is under construction and Olkaria VI is planned for 2021.

Olkaria I Power Station is owned by KenGen, a Nairobi Stock Exchange-listed company, in which the government of Kenya maintains 70 per cent shareholding, the remaining 30 per cent being held by institutional and private investors.

Being part of this tour is highly recommended.

Images of Olkaria

 






0

0

0

0